FINTRAC produces strategic intelligence products which provide analytical perspectives on the nature, scope and threats posed by money laundering and terrorism financing. The products focus on the identification of money laundering and terrorist financing-related methods, techniques, and vulnerabilities for the purpose of increasing public awareness.
FINTRAC Operational Alerts provide up-to-date indicators of suspicious financial transactions and high-risk factors related to new, re-emerging or particularly topical methods of money laundering and terrorist activity financing. These Alerts help reporting entities identify and submit suspicious transaction reports to FINTRAC.
- Updated Indicators: Laundering of proceeds from human trafficking for sexual exploitation
- Laundering of proceeds from online child sexual exploitation
- Laundering the proceeds of crime through a casino-related underground banking scheme
- Laundering of the proceeds of romance fraud
- Professional money laundering through trade and money services businesses
- Laundering of the proceeds of fentanyl trafficking
- Democratic People's Republic of Korea's use of the international financial system for money laundering/terrorist financing
- Indicators: The laundering of illicit proceeds from human trafficking for sexual exploitation
Sectoral and geographic advisories
Sectoral and Geographic Advisories (SGAs) identify sectors or geographic areas more at risk from specific money laundering or financing of terrorist activities typologies.
Operational Briefs are intended to provide clarification and guidance on issues that impact the ability of reporting entities to maintain a strong compliance regime. More specifically, these products are focused on risk and vulnerabilities associated with exploitation for money laundering and terrorist activity financing, and on meeting reporting obligations with respect to suspicious transaction reports.
FINTRAC Special Bulletins provide information related to new, emerging and particularly topical methods of money laundering and terrorist activity financing.
Assessments provide reporting entities with an overview of money laundering and terrorist financing-related risks and emerging vulnerabilities and trends. These Assessments help reporting entities identify and submit suspicious transaction reports.
- Date Modified: