What we look for
We are looking for …
- forward-thinking assessors who see compliance as more than checking boxes;
- highly skilled analysts with a penchant for patterns and an eye for details;
- policy pros with an innate ability to clarify even the most complex of concepts;
- tech innovators who see the opportunity in every challenge; and,
- corporate aces who specialize in maximizing value.
We focus on strong communicators, enthusiastic collaborators, and committed professionals with a proven track record of making an impact.
We attract the highest calibre of talent from both the public and private sectors. We hire students and graduates with an eagerness to learn, and seasoned professionals with a desire to maximize their potential. Our employees represent a broad range of knowledge, expertise, skills and experience. What unites us is our commitment to collaboration, innovation and the values of Respect for Democracy, Respect for People, Integrity, Stewardship and Excellence. These elements are the bedrock of our unique culture.
Our Leadership Competencies are another important facet of our culture and approach to talent management. All employees are expected to demonstrate these competencies with progressive levels of proficiency. There are four competencies for employees without supervisory responsibilities:
- Values and Ethics – Serving through integrity and respect.
- Strategic Thinking – Innovating through analysis and ideas.
- Engagement – Working effectively with people, organizations and partners.
- Excellence through Results – Delivering through one's own work, relationships and responsibilities.
Our supervisors, managers and senior leaders exemplify the Key Leadership Competencies of the federal public service:
- Create Vision and Strategy
- Mobilize People
- Uphold Integrity and Respect
- Collaborate with Partners and Stakeholders
- Promote Innovation and Guide Change
- Achieve Results
Beyond hiring for attitude and skill, there are other important factors we look at, given the sensitive nature of our work. Prospective employees applying for FINTRAC opportunities must be Canadian citizens, and must be eligible for a Top Secret security clearance to be considered. For more information, please consult our Security and suitability requirements.
We are committed to upholding values such as competence, non-partisanship, fairness, transparency, access and representativeness in our selection practices and processes. Please visit our How to apply page for more information about the process.
We are looking for the best of the best to join our team—do you have what it takes?
- Date Modified: