Alternatives to large cash transaction reporting through batch
If you use the batch file transfer reporting mechanism, use your batch transmission software to submit your Financial Entity Business Client Report to FINTRAC. You will have to notify FINTRAC that your batch transmission software has to support this type of report.
If you do not already transmit reports by batch, go to Option 2: I do not use Batch to report.
Submit your first Financial Entity Business Client Report to FINTRAC
Download and save a copy of the Financial Entity Business Client Report spreadsheet for batch transmission. To do this, right-click on the appropriate link below and select Save Target As...
- Financial Entity Business Client Report for Microsoft Excel (47 kb)
- Financial Entity Business Client Report for Quattro Pro (44 kb)
- Financial Entity Business Client Report for Lotus 1-2-3 (61 kb)
Complete the Financial Entity Business Client Report spreadsheet according to the instructions in Guideline 9: Alternative to Large Cash Transaction Reports to FINTRAC.
Once you have completed the spreadsheet, save it in its default format (i.e., xls, qpw or wk4) for future reference and updating.
Before you submit the file to FINTRAC, save it again in a comma separated value format (i.e., with a ".csv" extension). Only this copy is to be sent to FINTRAC.
To save your file in a comma separated value format, open the completed Financial Entity Business Client Report spreadsheet. Go to the File menu and select Save As. In the File name section, follow the format PKIUSERID_YYYYMMDD_##.csv, and substitute each element as follows:
- PKIUSERID is your 10-digit PKI User ID number issued by FINTRAC.
- YYYYMMDD is the date the file is sent to FINTRAC (i.e., the current date).
- ## is a two-digit number to differentiate between reports. Use "01" unless you send more than one Financial Entity Business Client Report within the same day. If you do send more than one report in the same day, then increment "##" accordingly (i.e., 01, 02, etc.).
- csv is the file extension of the spreadsheet to be submitted (i.e., for a comma separated value or comma delimited format, the extension is "csv").
When selecting which file type to save as, choose one of the following:
- In Microsoft Excel, select CSV (Comma delimited) (*.csv).
- In Quattro Pro, select CSV (Comma delimited).
- In Lotus 1-2-3, select Comma Separated Value (CSV).
Example of the "Save As" Window in Microsoft Excel
Once the file has been saved in a comma separated value format, submit it to FINTRAC with your batch transmission software provided to you by FINTRAC. Remember that you have to first notify FINTRAC that you will be sending this type of report by batch.
Use the batch report channel called Alt to LCTR (alternative to large cash transaction reports) to drop the spreadsheet for transmission. Please refer to the Batch Transmitter Guide for more information about the transmission of files.
You will be notified if the transmission of the file was successful. However, you will not receive a secondary acknowledgement about processing results.
- Date Modified: