Greening Government Operations (GGO)
Green Procurement Reporting for Departments and Agencies
Not Bound by the Federal Sustainable Development Act
Departments and agencies bound by the Policy on Green Procurement but not the Federal Sustainable Development Act must complete mandatory reporting, in compliance with Section 7 of the Policy on Green Procurement.
Strategies and/or Comments
- As per the Policy on Green Procurement, FINTRAC has taken measures towards greening procurement operations. As part of its procurement function, FINTRAC:
- provides consideration to green suppliers when using PWGSC’s standing offers for products such as office supplies, furniture, paper, etc.; and
- accepts bids, issues contract award notices and sends regret letters electronically.
- To increase awareness of FINTRAC’s responsibilities under the Policy on Green Procurement throughout the organization, the agency has committed to training both for procurement staff (i.e. CSPS course C215) as well as throughout the business lines (via in-house training offerings).
- Finally, FINTRAC has committed to linking compliance to the Policy on Green Procurement to its performance management system by including the responsibility to ensure environmental considerations in management processes and controls in the performance evaluations of managers and functional heads.
Back to Departmental Performance Report
- Date Modified: